Sunday 22 December 2013
bling, bling and more bling
Just look at what Google+ did to the Christmas card Ol' Peepers made for me. Isn't it amazin'? I woke up one mornin' and found some of my pictures all blingafied by Google+ with twinklin' lights and fallin' snow. It was like an early Christmas present, just for me. Lovely.
Anywho... this blingafying of the pictures is called auto-awesome and although I haven't figured out everythin' about it, I will.
If you haven't yet received a Christmas card from me or, if you received the un-blingafied version but like this one with the twinklin' lights better, please feel free to grab it. It's there for the taking.
Okay... time to get down to business. It seems that I have received a few awards, as of late, that I have not yet officially accepted. Better get on with that accepting now 'cause if I don't, I'll end up accepting them in the New Year and then they'll be really late. They'll be like a year late! Mustn't have that. Time to get on with the show.
Let's start with the Dragon's Loyalty Award. My pal Tex over at Texas, a Cat in NY first gave me this super neat award and then, my pal Speedy, from Speedy the Cheeky House Bunny gave it to me, too. Thank you Tex and thank you Speedy. I hadn't yet received this award and it's such a nice one. Quite an honour to receive it from both of you.
In acceptin' the Dragon's Loyalty Award, I must display the award on my blog. Well, I've done that. Then I have to announce the win and post a link to whomever gave it to me. Doin' that now and you'll find that if you click on Tex and Speedy's blogs' names, you'll be whisked away to their amazin' blogs 'cause that's where I did the links. Thirdly, I must present fifteen deserving blogs with the award and drop them a comment to tip 'em off about their win. Hmmm... this could be a problem 'cause I bet everyone already has the award 'cause I am so late in acceptin' it. Tell you what... continue readin' my post and you'll see how I believe I have resolved the issue.
Lastly, I must post seven interestin' things about myself. Okay, here goes...
- I have a bionic knee.
- I hate duck and trout food. Won't touch either one.
- I live with nine other cats 'cause recently, my Auntie Snowdrop and my dad, Jacob, went to
- Peep #1 depends upon me to supervise her in the garden.
- I actually enjoy grammar and find it a worthwhile subject to study.
- When it comes to grammar, I sometimes break the rules on purpose.
- I am addicted to the nip.
Okay... onto award number two! The girls over at Life with Ragdolls gave me the lovely Sunshine Award. Before I knew it, Speedy from Speedy the Cheeky House Bunny had given it to me as well.
I had, in fact, received this one before but this must be a new, modernised version 'cause the graphics are different so I figured I should accept it again.
In acceptin' the Sunshine Award, I have to share eleven random facts about myself. Hmmm... Well, I shared seven up above with the first award so I'll just share four now. Okay? Okay.
- I live with a technologically impaired duffer of a peep.
- I enjoy inventing words.
- I get more e-mail than both my peeps combined.
- I don't like it when the peep calls me a nip-head.
I also must answer eleven questions.
1. Have you ever owned a Ragdoll cat?
- I have never lived with a Ragdoll cat.
2. If you could have one wish (and it actually came true) what would it be?
- Peace on Earth and good will to cats.
3. If you ever won $1000, what would you do with it?
- Buy a nip farm.
4. What is your favourite state in North America?
- I've never been to the US where they have states but the peeps
have. Peep #1 loves Washington DC so I'm gonna answer with
that even though it's not an actual state.
5. Would you ever be interested in breeding any animals?
- Nope, I have been neutered.
6. What's your favourite movie?
- Anythin' I can watch at home while snuggling with the peeps.
7. Where are you from?
- Canada. I'm a Canadian kitty!
8. What's your favourite colour?
- Hmmm... Icy blue shows off my sterling silver - some say
platinum - tabby coat.
9. What's your favourite animal?
- Guess I had better answer cats since I am one.
10. For how long have you been blogging?
- Just a little over two years.
11. Do you like cats more than dogs?
- I should think so!
Now I'm supposed to present this award to eleven bloggers who deserve some recognition and a little bloggin' love. Keep readin' and you'll find out how I'm gonna do that. I'm also supposed to pose eleven questions for those bloggers but I think I'll use the questions the girls gave me 'cause they're really quite good questions.
That brings us to award number three... the Because You're Fantabulous Award. My dear friend Savvy over at Savannah's Paw Tracks had this on her blog one day and said that anyone who wanted it should take it so I did 'cause I liked it a lot. It's a real beauty!
I sure was happy when I was awarded the Blog of the Year 2013 Award. For a while, I was thinkin' I might be shut out of the Blog of the Year Award this year. Then Savvy of Savannah's Paw Tracks came to my rescue and I had my first star. Next thing I knew, Angel from angelswhisper2011 was givin' me star number two. Yoo-hoo! YOO-HOO!!!
In acceptin' the Blog of the Year award, there are some requirements and they may be found at the site of the award's creators, The Thought Palette.
You're probably all wonderin' to whom I will award stars for the Blog of the Year 2013 award. Just hang in there for a little longer. There isn't long to wait now.
I do want to mention that Cinco and Manna from Playful Kitty gave me the Super Sweet Blogger Award. This award, I had received before with the very same graphics but I want thank Cinco and Manna, from the bottom of my heart, for thinkin' of me. I really do appreciate it whenever someone gives me the bling.
Now for the moment you have all been waitin'. You've been so patiently waitin' to find out just who would be the recipients of all these wonderful awards. It was hard to pick just a few. Gosh it was hard. And then the thought of deciding who would get what was practically MIND BOGGLING. So I thought about it and decided that I would award the followin' bloggers all of the above awards. That's right! If your name is listed you may take any one or all of the above awards. You're all super-deserving, you all write amazin' blogs and I am honoured to say that I follow each and every one of you.
Drum roll please...
- Savvy at Savannah's Paw Tracks
- Speedy at Speedy the Cheeky House Bunny
- Angel at angelswhisper
- Cinco & Manna at Playful Kitty
- the girls at Life with Ragdolls
- Tex at Texas, a Cat in NY
- Layla at Cat Wisdom 101
- Jools at Jools in Cork
- Carlos at The Daily Cute
- Winchester Feline at Day to Day with Winchester Feline
- Annie at Lucy's Lounge
- Pickles Picasso at Purrfectly Pickles
- Cory at Cory Cat Blog
- Quinn at Catitude
- Mr Black at The Kittini Boys
- Sarge at Sarge Speaks Out
- Brian at Brian's Home
- Patchy Meow at The Five Cats Chronicles
- Felix & Jasper at Felix and Jasper Blogalot
- Sushi at Sushi's Diary
- Pasha at Pasha
Whew! What a lot of awards. Wish I could have picked everyone whose blogs I love but if I did that, I'd be typing 'til 2014.
One more thing. Due to the scheduling of Christmas, my next post will be published one day early, on Tuesday December 24th. Here's a sneak peak. Look... IT'S SNOWIN'!