Two very good friends gave me the Liebster Award. Although I had already received and passed it along, both Bumpy from Mr. Bumpy Cat and Selina from over at One Eye on the Future had some really neat questions to answer that were different from the ones I answered before. So... I just thought... I'd take this opportunity to thank Bumpy and Selina very, very much and to go ahead and answer their questions just for fun. Thank you Bumpy! Thank you Selina! Thank you very much!!
Bumpy asked me the following eleven questions....
1. Why do you blog?
'Cause I've got stuff to say! Ummm... I mean, write.
2. If you could be a spokescat for any product, company or cause, what would it be?
NO-kill shelters and TNR programs.
'Cause I was a feral kitty myself. Had I been livin' in the wrong place or taken to one of those
horrid high-kill shelters, odds are I wouldn't be alive today.
4. What's your human's most annoying habit?
Her caterwauling. Worst part is when she practices at homes and it hurts my ears.
5. What would your human say is your most annoying habit?
She would say the truth... that I don't have any.
6. If you could be a human for a day, what would you do?
Sell the piano so that peep #1 couldn't practice her caterwauling which, I might have mentioned,
hurts my sensitive ears.
7. What one thing do you wish someone would invent?
Hmmm... well, I do a little inventin' myself, now and then. Sure could do with a couple of
opposeable thumbs for cats though.
8. What's your favourite toy?
I love the nip so anything filled with it is at the top of my list. I must say, however, that my
friend Spitty sent me a feather wand toy, which I had never had before. I LOVE IT! Doesn't
have the nip but, nevertheless, it's an amazin' toy!
9. What's your favourite place to nap?
In a sun puddle.
10. If it were up to you, what would be the penalty for the crime of being a flea?
I suppose fleas can't really help that they're born fleas.
But I do think they should all be sent away and forced
to join a circus or somethin'.
11. If you were to have a pawty, what would the cake be
Nip! Did I mention how I love the stuff?
The next batch of questions are from Selina. Again, very good questions that simply must be answered.
1. What is your favourite treat?
Green Treat Temptations.
2. Favourite toy?
Nip filled mice, snakes, fish, birds... As long as there's nip, I'm a happy kitty.
3. Favourite place to sleep?
In a sun puddle.
4. Favourite television show to watch with your humans?
I always watch The Big Bang Theory with the peeps but we usually watch Masterpiece Theatre
5. What was your naughtiest naughty?
Me? Naughty??? Never!
6. How did you meet your humans?
When I was a few weeks old, my mama carried me over to their veranda by the scruff of my
neck. The veranda is now mine!
7. What do you like most about being a cat?
Everything! We cats are the best.
8. What shelter or rescues do you give paws up to.
Well, the peeps try to help out with the Valley WAAG Animal Shelter. That one is local. Then
there are all those rescues who pull cats from the NYC ACC kill lists every day. I give them my
full support by helpin' to get the word out, every night.
9. What is your favourite cat holiday?
Santa always brings a lot of toys with nip so I think I've gotta go with Christmas.
10. What is the one thing you do that makes your humans smile the most?
Peep #1 says that just lookin' at me makes her heart smile. Don't know what I do for that to
happen. Just be me, I suppose.
Next thing I knew, by good pal Speedy who writes Speedy the Cheeky House Bunny gave me the Versatile Blogger Award. Again, I had already received it but I still wanted to thank Speedy very much for thinkin' of me. Thank you Speedy! Then I figured, why not tell the world seven more things about myself? But I'm gonna add a twist. Here goes...
1. I like climbin' trees.
2. Normally, I'm a very good tree climber.
3. Friday night, I came home with a sore paw.
4. Saturday morning, I had x-rays at the hospital.
5. Apparently, I've torn all the ligaments in my right knee and
there's nothing holding my leg together!
6. Wednesday, I'm goin' into hospital for knee surgery.
7. Currently, I'm on pretty strong pain meds and must take it easy.
How's that for a twist, huh?
But I'm not done. Just the other day, Angel from angelswhisper2011 gave me this beautiful Best Moment Award. I've never received this one before so I think that means that I've gotta follow the rules... pain meds or not.
RULES FOR BEST MOMENT AWARD:Winners re-post this completely with their acceptance speech.
This could be written or video recorded.
Winners have the privilege of awarding the next awardees!
The re-post should include a NEW set of people/blogs worthy of the award;
and winners notify them the great news.
RESOURCES:What makes a good acceptance speech?
-Gratitude. Thank the people who helped you along the way
-Humor. Keep us entertained and smiling
-Inspiration. Make your story touch our lives
Get an idea from the great acceptance speeches, compiled in MomentMatters.com/Speech
Display the award’s badge on your blog/website, downloadable in MomentMatters.com/Award
The rules say that I'm supposed to write an acceptance speech. Never done that before but here goes...
I'd like to thank the academy... Oops. I'd like to thank Angel and Speedy and Selina and Bumpy for all the beautiful, gorgeous and amazing awards they have bestowed upon me. I'd like to thank them all, from the bottom of my heart. And the top and middle parts of my heart, too. Oh, and I mustn't forget those left and right ventri thingies... whatever they are.
Although I am a true lover of the bling, there is something even better than bling, you know. That would be friends. My friends of the blogosphere are the best friends there can be. I appreciate so much that they find Nerissa's Life worthy of bein' read. I'm so happy that they visit me here on my blog and even happier that they come back! To... FRIENDS!
Now, I'm gonna pass along the Best Moment Award to a few more friends....
- Bumpy at Mr. Bumpy Cat
- Selina at One Eye on the Future
- Speedy at Speedy the Cheeky House Bunny
- Herman at It's a Wonderpurr Life
- Simba at Simba's Antics
- Spitty at Spitty Speaks
- Sammy at onespoiledcat
- Savannah at Savannah's Paw Tracks
- Nellie at Cat from Hell
- Katie at Katie Isabella
- Texas at Texas, a Cat in New York
- Mario at Mario's Meowsings
Well, that's it for today, I'm afraid. I think I've gotta go find myself a sun puddle or something and have a little nap. Those pain thingies sure do make you sleepy. Might even nab a snack on the way to the sun puddle. I could really do with a little something in my tummy, right about now. Oh peepers...