It all started a little while ago when my dear friend Savannah from Savannah's Paw Tracks awarded me twice. She so thoughtfully gave me both the One Lovely Blog and the Very Inspiring Blogger awards. Aren't they pretty? I'm so touched that Savannah considers Nerissa's Life to be both lovely and inspiring. Yes, very touched indeed. In both cases, I'm supposed to link back to the one who gave me the award. Well, like I said, that would be Savannah and you can check out her blog just by clicking on its name above. It's a pretty neat blog so I would highly recommend giving it a good read. I'm also supposed to share seven things about myself and, I need to nominate fifteen more deserving blogs. I think I'm supposed to share seven things and nominate fifteen blogs for each award but we'll talk more 'bout that in a bit.
A couple days after that, to my great surprise, my wonderful friend Herman from It's a Wonderpurr Life presented me with the Kreativ Blogger award. I don't know if I deserve this one. I'm not all that creative. I just write about stuff I see and hear. I'm sort of an historian, actually. I write the history of tomorrow. But it doesn't matter if I deserve it or not 'cause you know what? It's a pretty award and I'm taking that one too! Ooh... it's gonna look so lovely on my blog. Again, in accepting this award, I must link back to Herman's blog 'cause he gave me the award. You'll find that link if you click on Herman's blog's name, above. Then I need to share ten things about myself others might not know and pass the award along to six other blogs.
Okay, as I'm accepting three awards at once, I've got to do a little fancified arithmetic here. I asked my sister Mason to help me with this as she has those double paws. Those thumbs of hers sure do come in handy at times like these. So we took all the numbers and put 'em in one of the peep's purses. Then all twelve of us cats sat on the purse - not all at once, of course, 'cause we wouldn't all fit - and rolled around and about to crunch them up really well. Then we pulled those crunched up numbers out of her purse and here is what we came with...
Instead of sharing twenty-four things about myself, I'm gonna just do ten, okay? Ten total. I mean, I'm just not interesting enough to come up with twenty-four things all at once. But ten I can handle, I think.
1. I'm a boy cat even if the peep did happen to give me a girls' name! Has to be said.
2. Even though I give her a hard time sometimes, peep #1 really is my favourite person in the whole
wide world. I love her lots.
3. I have a garden and enjoy a little digging, now and then, but mostly I just supervise the peep.
4. Tobias is my little sister but sometimes I think she thinks I'm her mama. She's always asking
me to licka-da-top-o-her-head.
5. I was feral... born in a neighbours' wood pile.
6. Even tho' I love her, I never sleep with peep #1. Sure, I'll nap next to her on the couch but when
it comes to bedtime, I sleep on a chair, on my own.
7. I'm named after a character in a Shakespearean play. So were my litter mates Constance,
Beatrice and Desdemona.
8. I love Fancy Feast Grilled Chicken and will pretty much do anything for it... except for tricks.
No tricks for this cat. I'm way too sophisticated for that.
9. I jump up onto the kitchen island. I used to do it only when the peeps weren't watching but now I
do it all the time.
10. I'm incredibly good about coming in at night... unlike some of my brothers and sisters. But I
won't name any names... today.
Wasn't that fun?
Now, instead of passing along the awards to thirty-six blogs, I'm gonna pass along each award to six, okay? There are so many amazing blogs out there that coming up with thirty-six would be pretty easy but... it really cuts into my nap time. Gotta keep up with the naps, you know. That's how I maintain my beauty... 'cause I'm a cat... and that's what we do.
So... drum roll please...
The One Lovely Blog award goes to...
- Toby & Leia at the Whiskeratti
- Mario at Mario's Meowsings
- the fuzzy lion at Growl Tiger & Company
- Cathrine at Cathrine Garnell's Blog
- Speedy at Speedy the Cheeky House Bunny
- Kim at Kept by Cats
The Very Inspiring Blogger award goes to...
- the peeps at The Itty Bitty Kitty Committee
- the peep at Random Felines
- the peeps at Sundays at the Shelter
- Selina at ONE EYE ON THE FUTURE
- the peep at God's Little People
- Pernille at My Little Cat World
And, the Kreativ Blogger award goes to...
- the boys at The Cat Street Boyz
- Bert at Four Legged Views
- HRM Spitty at Spitty Speaks
- Katie at GLOGIRLY
- Savannah at Savannah's Paw Tracks
- the peeps at Adventures of Space Paws
So, there you have it folks. If you've been awarded one of these beautiful, lovely, fantastic and amazing awards, just grab the appropriate one for your blog and tell us all some stuff about yourself and pass it along to a few more blogs. Easy peasy as they say. Yes, easy peasy...