That's right... I'm flabbergasted! In fact, I am so very flabbergasted, I had to take a little nap. Hehehe...
So much has happened in the last couple of weeks. For starters, I won two awards! Yes, TWO OF THEM! Yoo-hoo!!! I could hardly believe it when I was given the first one but then, to be awarded a second just a few days later... well... what can I say? I'M SO FLABBERGASTED!!!
My good friend Savannah at Savannah's Paw Tracks gave me the Sunshine Award. I was so pleased. This is such a beautiful award... all sunny and bright and whatnot. Well, you can see for yourself. Isn't it pretty? When accepting this award, I have to provide a link to Savannah's blog. Well, you just click on the name of her blog up there and you can visit it as much as you like. It's a great blog so I think you'll have lots of fun there.
Secondly, I have to tell you some stuff about myself. There are seven questions in all but they weren't difficult to answer. Actually, it was kind of fun.
- My favourite number is... well... until now, I didn't really have one. I thought about it and decided that since I love my peep #1 and all, I would do a little peep arithmetic. The peep's birthday is September 27th so, if you take 9 for September and then add 2 + 7 from the 27th, you get another 9 and if you add those two 9s together you get 18 and if you add 1 + 8 you get ANOTHER 9. Well... I think we all know where this is going. My favourite number is 9.
- My favourite non-alcoholic drink is cream. I never get enough of it at any one time but if I give the peep just the right look, she'll give me a tablespoon or so. Yummy!
- Do I prefer Facebook or twitter? Well, I'm pretty new to Facebook but I'm liking it a lot. But I have to say... no one parties like the anipals on twitter... so I'm gonna go with twitter. Oh, I should just mention that my Facebook page is called Nerissa's Life... just like my blog. And on twitter, I'm known as @nerissathecat!
- My passion is my peeps! I love lots of stuff like my friends, my fur family and my blog but I really, really love my peeps. I'm pretty sure they love me, too.
- My favourite pattern is - this is just too easy - it's the spots and stripes on my sterling silver tabby coat. What else would it be?
- My favourite day of the week is Sunday. I love Sundays. Usually my peeps are home with me on Sunday and that's good. It's a publishing day for my blog and that's always fun. And just recently, I went to my first BBQ party on twitter and I had a blast. Like I said earlier, no one knows how to party better than the anipals on twitter!
- My favourite flowers are pansies. The peep would probably say lilies or primroses or peonies or something silly like that but I'm the one who won this award so I'm gonna go with pansies. They're both pretty and cute - kind of like me. They come in lots of nice colours, many of which look lovely with that sterling silver tabby coat of mine. And, they're edible! Most plants I'm not allowed to eat 'cause they'd make me sick but if I want to nibble on a pansy or two, the peep says that's okay. I've even seen the peep eat 'em! But please note, only eat pansies that have been grown organically, just like the ones my peep grows for me.
Now, I get to give the Sunshine Award to ten other bloggers. Isn't this fun? So... drum roll please... the winners are....
- Herman at It's a Wonderpurr Life
- Katie at GLOGIRLY
- Laila & Minchie at Cat-a-holic with Laila & Minchie
- The Ryker's Boyz at A Tonk's Tail (err... Tale...)
- Iza, Ayla & Marley at Mark's Mews
- Cody at CAT CHAT with Caren & Cody
- Everybody at Mewsings of Garden Cottage Cats
- Everybody at Pikku Punapippuri
- Penelope at The Cat from Hell
- The Crafty Gardener at Crafty Gardener
Okay now... onto award number two! Yesterday, I received more great news. My good friend Sammy... you know Sammy, don't you? He does those great Tuesday Teasers and all sorts of other fun stuff on his blog, onespoiledcat. You have got to visit! Well, Sammy gave me the Illuminating Blogger Award. I had never heard of this one before but oh, is it ever pretty, too.
To accept this award, I must tell you one illuminating fact about myself. I thought about reminding everyone that I was a boy cat... not a girl... but I think everybody knows that by now. I also thought about reminding everyone how my peep is a technologically impaired duffer. But I think we all know that by now, too. So, my illuminating fact is... another roll please...
... my avi on twitter is really a picture of my sister Tobias! That's right! She's a sterling silver tabby just like me but she is a girl... and she's my sister... not me. You see, the peep couldn't get the picture of me, she was trying to use, to centre properly so she used a picture of Toby. I did mention that she was a technologically impaired duffer, right?
Now, let's get back to business. Just like with the first award, I get to pass along the Illuminating Blogger Award to my fellow bloggers. I get to pick five! Here they are...
- Tinker, Anastasia & Mitty at Whisker Messages from a Church Cat
- Brandi at Catitude
- Spitty at Spitty Speaks
- Derby & Ducky at Derby and Ducky
- Mario at Mario's Meowsings
Guess what! The fun isn't over! Two other things happened to me recently....
The first, I mentioned earlier. I've got a Facebook page now! Come on over and visit me there! It's lots of fun, I think. You can find me on Facebook at Nerissa's Life.
Lastly, just this past week, I went on a train ride! Well, not really. I've never been on a real train before. Never even seen one in real life but the other day, I hopped on the Blog-Train and it's a lot of fun. I'm allowed to give 'tickets' to all my friends so... if you've got a blog... and you'd like a ticket... here you are. Just take one of these and you'll be riding the Blog Train right over to Blog Ville! Hey, it's fun!!!! And maybe, if you ask really nicely, the conductor will even let you blow the whistle or ride on the caboose! Hehehe...
Oh Wow, congratulations on your two awards. That is terrific. We loved all your answers. Good stuff. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday.ReplyDelete
These are very well deserved, and we are honoured that you have awarded us!ReplyDelete
And it's great to read your answers and learn so much more about you.
And it sounds like you need a rest after such a busy time. Happy Sunday to you x
Oh wow! TWO awards, Nerissa? Congratulations!ReplyDelete
We've "liked" you on Facebook. :)
Thanks so much! I just LOVE those LIKES! purrsDelete
Congratulations on your awards!! We thought you gave some great answers, too!ReplyDelete
~ The Bunch
Congrats on the nice awards! Don't be flabbergasted, you are terrific!ReplyDelete
Awww... thanks. My ears have gone all pink from blushing. purrsDelete
Concatulations on your awards! You know, I am a girl and am mistaken for a boy sometimes (maybe because I am kind of a tomgirl) - so I understand your frustration about that!ReplyDelete
Congratulations on your awards! We loved reading your answers, lots of fun!ReplyDelete
Concatulations on your well-deserved awards!! We made sure we're following you on Twitter and Facebook - and shhh...don't tell anyone, but the peeps here thought that Chandler was a boy! MOL Boy, were they wrong!ReplyDelete
You'd be surprised how often this happens! purrsDelete
ConCATulations, Nerissa! We liked your answers, and Mommy cracked up over your fave number. We're off to like your page!ReplyDelete
Goodness, I’m EGGZORSTED just reading about all your awards and stuff!! Well done Nerissa you deserve them for sure :} You’re certainly nifty with the old mental arithmatic. I know where to come for complicated calculations now lol Have a great week xoxReplyDelete
OMC - another award for me! Thank you so much. You will be a tough act to follow tho because you have a wonderful knack for writing Nissa. ha ha - I know I'm supposed to try to remember you are a boy instead of a girl, but I just can't get it thru my thick head. Keep working on me tho.ReplyDelete
Wow!! Huge concats with your TWO!!! wonderful sweet awards!!! take careReplyDelete
Nissy you make me so proud. You a winner with or without awards. But thankew so much for my sunshine award. I am humbled by your sincere praise and also that you read my blog all the time and comment. You are a wonderpurr furend, Niss. Best wishes and CONCATULATIONS on your awards! Loves ya! HermsReplyDelete
Concats on both of those awards Nerissa.ReplyDelete
You did a fabulous job and we enjoyed all of your answers.
You are too kind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't get mad at us but we were blessed to have had that one already and even blogged about it! We are beyond flattered that you gave us the award though! THANK YOU!!ReplyDelete
Oh and you are a LIBRA like my Mom!!
I could never be angry with you Cody. The peep, on the other hand... Let's just say that she 'said' she couldn't find a picture of the Sunshine Award on your blog and that's why we thought you hadn't won it yet. Hmmmph! Peeps!!! But this is why I always say, "When in doubt, blame the peep!" I'm gonna have to have a little chat with mine, I think. purrsDelete
Thank you SO much for the award, Nissy!!!
We loved reading about you and I can't wait to answer the questions myself!
Thanks for thinking of us : )
Concatulations darling. xoxoxoxoxoReplyDelete
Thanks for the award Nerissa. Gosh, so unexpected.ReplyDelete
Congratulations on those two cool awards you got! We're gonna go like you on FB. We have a FB page too...we hope you'll like us!ReplyDelete
Wow, thanks for the Awardie Nerissa! I am honored and I will make the Human help me post about it later this week! She is pretty much useless till graduation is over, but right after that I am going to remind her in the way I do best (small, tiny-blood-inducing biteys, ha ha meow!!!)ReplyDelete
Congratulations on your awards! We're glad that you mentioned that you're a boy....mama didn't know! Sometimes you have to spell it out for these humans!ReplyDelete
Congratulations on your awards and hey pretty girl loved reading about you... Hugs GJ xxReplyDelete
Congrats on your not one but two awards. Well done I must say. So nice to learn more about you. You say you get cream huh? How in the heck did you arrange for that to be? The mom here won't give me anything people. Arghhhhhhh!ReplyDelete
Take care and rest up sweet one!
MIEOW!!! Nerissa,,,, Way to go!! Not 1, but 2!! Awardiez ^..^ We all know what a Sweet kitty you are ^.,^ you deservez dem! Concatulationz!! We so sorry we so behind,,,, da mom finally came in da house from vacation owtside wif da dad from re doing da fence ?????? Now it will take her Furefur to catch up and get a post up fur us :\ReplyDelete
Fank You fur thinking ov us and thinking we Sunshiney :)))))) ♥♥xoxoxoxo♥♥ Hope to get da mom to post soon ........ Puurz & Kissez~
Oh Dog! Congratulations Nerissa!ReplyDelete
Hmmm. Well, I hoping that my Awardie might find its way to publication Wednesday, though it won't be wordless. ;-) Stay tuned!ReplyDelete
Whoa! Concats to you and everyone you passed the awards to! It really has been such a busy time for you that we have to go take naps after just reading about it!ReplyDelete
Oh Nerissa!!! You so deserve your Awards!!! You are brilliant! And guess what...if you recall...my fave number is 9 also! And here is how that works for me and NO ONE figured it out...woo hoo...My gotcha date is 01/03/2012=9!!!! there ya go! Great cat minds work on the same plane...and 9 it is!!ReplyDelete
OMC! I didn't know you were a boy cat! And CONCATS on your awards!ReplyDelete
Well we feel just silly. We didn't know you were a boy either!!! Thanks for visiting our blog today! Awards are fun, indeed!!!ReplyDelete
No need to feel silly or anything... It's all the peep's fault, you know... givin' me a girls' name and whatnot. purrsDelete
concats on your awards. you truly deserve them.ReplyDelete
Emma and Buster
Maxwell: DUDE! We're sooo excited you passed such a nice award on to us!ReplyDelete
Allie: Oh and concatulations on winning TWO such FAB awards!! *giggle!*
FaRAdaY: Yeah, what they said!!!
FaRADaY: *really loud stage whisper* and it's all MOMMY'S fault that we didn't respond sooner. Rilly. Her hair was NOT on fire. We woulda SMELLED it. Pffft, humans!ReplyDelete
Nissy! Yous is one handsome mancat and that yous gived me a great award, me is humbled (not really, me deserves all the awards and gifts me can get).ReplyDelete
Me is soooo mad at Mommy for being too busy to helps me blog. Me is sorry me is late in accepting this beauteous award!
Thank you SO MUCH fer the Sunshine Award, Nerissa! We are still a bit behind from TBT bein busy with Grampa, but we are catchin up slowly...ReplyDelete
Hi--Just a reminder to check us out tomorrow!ReplyDelete
Will do! purrsDelete
Wow Nerissa, I never would have guessed that your Twitter avi was a girl! (Your human really needs to be better trained.)Congratulations on your awesome awards.ReplyDelete
But they're so hard to train... purrsDelete
Congratulations on not one, but two awards Nerissa! We share a love of pansies. They have such happy faces!ReplyDelete
Wow - two awards? You are one special kitty Nerissa!ReplyDelete