That's right... I'm flabbergasted! In fact, I am so very flabbergasted, I had to take a little nap. Hehehe...
So much has happened in the last couple of weeks. For starters, I won two awards! Yes, TWO OF THEM! Yoo-hoo!!! I could hardly believe it when I was given the first one but then, to be awarded a second just a few days later... well... what can I say? I'M SO FLABBERGASTED!!!
My good friend Savannah at Savannah's Paw Tracks gave me the Sunshine Award. I was so pleased. This is such a beautiful award... all sunny and bright and whatnot. Well, you can see for yourself. Isn't it pretty? When accepting this award, I have to provide a link to Savannah's blog. Well, you just click on the name of her blog up there and you can visit it as much as you like. It's a great blog so I think you'll have lots of fun there.
Secondly, I have to tell you some stuff about myself. There are seven questions in all but they weren't difficult to answer. Actually, it was kind of fun.
- My favourite number is... well... until now, I didn't really have one. I thought about it and decided that since I love my peep #1 and all, I would do a little peep arithmetic. The peep's birthday is September 27th so, if you take 9 for September and then add 2 + 7 from the 27th, you get another 9 and if you add those two 9s together you get 18 and if you add 1 + 8 you get ANOTHER 9. Well... I think we all know where this is going. My favourite number is 9.
- My favourite non-alcoholic drink is cream. I never get enough of it at any one time but if I give the peep just the right look, she'll give me a tablespoon or so. Yummy!
- Do I prefer Facebook or twitter? Well, I'm pretty new to Facebook but I'm liking it a lot. But I have to say... no one parties like the anipals on twitter... so I'm gonna go with twitter. Oh, I should just mention that my Facebook page is called Nerissa's Life... just like my blog. And on twitter, I'm known as @nerissathecat!
- My passion is my peeps! I love lots of stuff like my friends, my fur family and my blog but I really, really love my peeps. I'm pretty sure they love me, too.
- My favourite pattern is - this is just too easy - it's the spots and stripes on my sterling silver tabby coat. What else would it be?
- My favourite day of the week is Sunday. I love Sundays. Usually my peeps are home with me on Sunday and that's good. It's a publishing day for my blog and that's always fun. And just recently, I went to my first BBQ party on twitter and I had a blast. Like I said earlier, no one knows how to party better than the anipals on twitter!
- My favourite flowers are pansies. The peep would probably say lilies or primroses or peonies or something silly like that but I'm the one who won this award so I'm gonna go with pansies. They're both pretty and cute - kind of like me. They come in lots of nice colours, many of which look lovely with that sterling silver tabby coat of mine. And, they're edible! Most plants I'm not allowed to eat 'cause they'd make me sick but if I want to nibble on a pansy or two, the peep says that's okay. I've even seen the peep eat 'em! But please note, only eat pansies that have been grown organically, just like the ones my peep grows for me.
Now, I get to give the Sunshine Award to ten other bloggers. Isn't this fun? So... drum roll please... the winners are....
- Herman at It's a Wonderpurr Life
- Katie at GLOGIRLY
- Laila & Minchie at Cat-a-holic with Laila & Minchie
- The Ryker's Boyz at A Tonk's Tail (err... Tale...)
- Iza, Ayla & Marley at Mark's Mews
- Cody at CAT CHAT with Caren & Cody
- Everybody at Mewsings of Garden Cottage Cats
- Everybody at Pikku Punapippuri
- Penelope at The Cat from Hell
- The Crafty Gardener at Crafty Gardener
Okay now... onto award number two! Yesterday, I received more great news. My good friend Sammy... you know Sammy, don't you? He does those great Tuesday Teasers and all sorts of other fun stuff on his blog, onespoiledcat. You have got to visit! Well, Sammy gave me the Illuminating Blogger Award. I had never heard of this one before but oh, is it ever pretty, too.
To accept this award, I must tell you one illuminating fact about myself. I thought about reminding everyone that I was a boy cat... not a girl... but I think everybody knows that by now. I also thought about reminding everyone how my peep is a technologically impaired duffer. But I think we all know that by now, too. So, my illuminating fact is... another roll please...
... my avi on twitter is really a picture of my sister Tobias! That's right! She's a sterling silver tabby just like me but she is a girl... and she's my sister... not me. You see, the peep couldn't get the picture of me, she was trying to use, to centre properly so she used a picture of Toby. I did mention that she was a technologically impaired duffer, right?
Now, let's get back to business. Just like with the first award, I get to pass along the Illuminating Blogger Award to my fellow bloggers. I get to pick five! Here they are...
- Tinker, Anastasia & Mitty at Whisker Messages from a Church Cat
- Brandi at Catitude
- Spitty at Spitty Speaks
- Derby & Ducky at Derby and Ducky
- Mario at Mario's Meowsings
Guess what! The fun isn't over! Two other things happened to me recently....
The first, I mentioned earlier. I've got a Facebook page now! Come on over and visit me there! It's lots of fun, I think. You can find me on Facebook at Nerissa's Life.
Lastly, just this past week, I went on a train ride! Well, not really. I've never been on a real train before. Never even seen one in real life but the other day, I hopped on the Blog-Train and it's a lot of fun. I'm allowed to give 'tickets' to all my friends so... if you've got a blog... and you'd like a ticket... here you are. Just take one of these and you'll be riding the Blog Train right over to Blog Ville! Hey, it's fun!!!! And maybe, if you ask really nicely, the conductor will even let you blow the whistle or ride on the caboose! Hehehe...