Yoo-hoo! YOO-HOO! Have you heard my big news? I, Nerissa the cat, am a finalist in the 2013 BlogPaws Nose-to-Nose Awards. I have to say, this is one of the most exciting things that has ever happened to me. I've checked back to the BlogPaws site about three times now... just to make sure my name was still there. Just to make sure I wasn't dreamin' or something. It is still there. Whew!
Believe it or not, even though I'm a finalist for BEST BLOG WRITING, words are failing me now. I'm practically speechless. I'm just so happy. So very, very happy.
I've gotta wait 'til the big BlogPaws conference to find out if I could possibly have won but I can tell you with one hundred percent certainty, bein' a finalist is enough. I'm thrilled with that. Of course, if I should happen to win, I would be thrilled with that, too. But believe you me, bein' a finalist is a great honour in of itself. Yes, a very great honour indeed.
Thanks so much to you peeps at BlogPaws for offerin' these awards. And special thanks to anyone and everyone who nominated me. You've made me just about the happiest kitty in the whole wide blogosphere. You really, really have. And thank you judges for findin' Nerissa's Life to be worthy of bein' a finalist. Oh, and in this case, I'll thank the ol' peep, too. After all, she does turn on the computer for me every morning.
I'm really excited 'bout the Nose-to-Nose awards, of course, but I'm also excited 'bout another award.
Just the other day, my friend Athena over at Athena, Cat Goddess gave me the Liebster Award. Now to be honest, I have received this one before. Twice, in fact. Actually, it was the very first bloggin' award to ever come my way. Didn't even know they had bloggin' awards before the Liebster crossed my path. So it seems oddly appropriate that I pass this along in the same post that I announce my bein' a finalist for the BlogPaws Nose-to-Nose Best Blog Writing Award.
Anywho... the other two Liebster awards I received had different graphics than this one. Also, I think I did different stuff when acceptin' them. So I'm gonna treat this one as if it's a completely different award. Is that okay with everyone? Hope so 'cause uh... uhh... well... that's just what I'm gonna do. It's a very pretty award. I love the little heart in the center.
So in acceptin' this Liebster award, I must do a few things. I must answer eleven questions posed by the blogger nominatin' me. Then I've gotta post eleven random facts 'bout myself. Then, I nominate eleven blogs who have fewer than two hundred followers. Now, that less-than-two-hundred follower part might be difficult. I don't know how many followers I have never mind anyone else. Google Friend Connect almost never works for me and I have no idea how many cats and peeps follow by e-mail. Just gotta wing that part, I should think. Lastly, I need to pose eleven questions to my nominees. Whew! That's a lot of stuff. Better get right to it.
Okay, here are the questions Athena asked me along with my answers.
1. What is your favourite colour?
Silver. Like the silver in my sterling silver tabby coat. I really like pink, too.
2. What would you rather do, sit indoors in front of a warm fire or lie on a warm beach alone?
Never been to a beach so... I'll opt for the hearth of a fireplace.
3. What's your favourite music or favourite recording artists?
We cats have a collection of Solitudes CDs with nature sounds. Love the ones with birds!
4. Any embarrassing moment from your past you would like to share?
Really? I've got 'em but would prefer not to share 'em. Too embarrassing.
5. Top three favourite books.
Murder Past Due by Miranda (my pal Dean) James
How to Wash a Cat by Rebecca M. Hale
Cat Trick by Sofie Kelly
6. Any famous person you wouldn't mind being trapped in a lift with?
The Coop! aka. The Silver Fox aka. Anderson Cooper
7. The name of your first pet.
Do catnip mice count? Never named any of 'em, though.
8. Has your pet ever done anything to embarrass you in public?
Sometimes my catnip mice split at the seams. The public needn't know 'bout that.
9. One thing you think is wrong with the world.
All those shelters killin' all those cats and dogs instead of finding 'em homes like shelters are
supposed to do.
10. What's your favourite movie involving animals?
Don't get to the theatre much, bein' a cat and all, but the peeps made movies of my aunties
when they were little kittens and those are super cute. Got to see them climbin' the curtains
11. If you had a time machine, where would you go?
If? IF??? Top secret where we went. Sorry.
Now for eleven random facts 'bout myself.
- I have more stripes than spots.
- I hate anything in a tin with duck or trout.
- I'm somewhat tired of lickin' the top of my sister Tobias'
- I actually love it when the peep dances with me in her
- I almost never sleep on a bed.
- I like to supervise the peep when she gardens.
- I walk about with my tail straight up in the air most of the
- I now just glare at nosey neighbour cat instead of fizzin' at
- When I say the peep caterwauls, I am not exaggerating!
- I really enjoy nappin'.
- I miss my brother Desdemona.
And now for my nominees. Drum roll, please...
- Herman at It's a Wonderpurr Life
- Savvy at Savannah's Paw Tracks
- my pals at TROUT TALKIN TABBIES
- Pasha at Pasha
- Millie at Darling Millie
- Sushi at Sushi's Diary
- Patchy at The Five Cats Chronicles
- Felix & Jasper at Felix and Jasper Blogalot
- Curzon & Jadzia at Us Three Coons
- Pumpkin at Adventures of a Suburban Kitty
- Henry & Perfection at A House with Two Cats
Finally, I need to pose eleven questions, myself. These are the questions my nominees will answer.
1. What is your favourite flower?
2. What is the most recent book you read?
3. What is your favourite genre?
4. What is your favourite season?
5. Who is your best friend?
6. Would you rather sit under a tree or climb it?
7. What is your favourite kind of tree?
8. What is your favourite smell?
9. What is your favourite television show?
10. Do you have siblings and if so, how many?
11. What colour is your fur or hair?
Whew! That was a lot of work and this is a really long post so... think it might be time for a little nap. Hmmm.... or maybe a big one.
But before I take that nap, I just wanna congratulate all the winners of the Liebster Award and all the finalists in the BlogPaws Awards. I know how happy I am 'bout my makin' it to the finals and I just bet you all are, too. It's at times like these that we realize just how lucky we are, I think. Very, very lucky indeed.